Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fabric Love

Over these past few winter months I've really fallen in love with needlework. There's nothing better than sitting with friends, drinking tea and creating something with your hands. I bought some embroidery material a couple of months ago and I embroidered this little gal over Christmas (I started with a pattern but I decided to subvert it). She's hanging on my bedroom wall now.



A while back, I made a stencil based on the cake lantern that I made last summer in St.John's, and I screen-printed them onto some fabric that I bought a street sale (I used the same fabric to embroidery Senorita Cheese). Here are two versions:







I sewed mine onto a canvas bag and then promptly lost it... but I've heard rumours as to its whereabouts...
If you want to buy a cake patch from me, I'm sellng them for 3 bucks each. Send me a message at sneakybaconpress@gmail.com if you want to have your cake and wear it too!

No comments :

Post a Comment