Monday, August 19, 2013

I'm In a Weeding Mood

I'm back from a stay at Eastport Organics, working, weeding and walking the dogs on the beautiful sandy beaches. The food is absolutely fantastic - I've never eaten better food anywhere in Newfoundland (and I would venture to say elsewhere in Canada). If you're going by Terra Nova Park way, it's worth the detour for a bag of organic salad greens, kale, swiss chard, and other good things.

The fruits of chanterelle-hunting at a secret spot near Salvage.


Garlic scape.

Blueberry fields.

My blueberry-picking (and eating) companion Koda.






On my day off I took a trip to St. Brendan's Island (officially known on maps as Cottel Island but no one calls it that). No paved roads, only two tiny convenience stores and a couple of hundred people at the most. I got the feeling a young woman cycling alone here is not a very common sight...



Message in a bottle.
Dock Cove.








To the lighthouse.


I find looking through old yearbooks to be totally fascinating  - here are some drawings from Memorial University Cap'n'Gown 1967 that I found on the shelf at the farm:










No comments :

Post a Comment