Thursday, May 6, 2010

Luv-er-ly

The weather seemed uncertain on Monday morning and it seemed like the live drawing/BBQ/plant sale organized by Sustainable Concordia would have to be moved inside, but fortunately the sunshine came out with incredible timing (and blinded those of us who were staring at a piece of blank white paper.)
There were bean burgers, ukuleles, flutes, face painting, roasted asparguses (asparagi?), lots of lovely people and lots of very fast moving clouds. Bronwen and I created a magical neon animal kingdom, complete with pick-up truck. I forgot to bring my camera, so I'll have to post a picture of the finished work later on in its new gallery habitat. Someone painted this on my face:




Today I made a scroll drawing that I'd like to put in a show that it's in the works for said Sustainable Concordia gallery. I collect pictures of animals, so the show will probably revolve around cute animals made cuter by fashion accessories.

"Mrs. Murphy's Waltz" is now finished! Glenn put some lovely fiddle lines on it and I'm very happy with how it sounds. So basically I'm expecting this song to be my triple-platinum selling single, with heavy rotation on CHOM and Virgin Radio, and in-store play at Wal-Mart stores across Canada. I'll be crushed by anything less.

Here are some photos from last month's show at the Nu-Art Café:

Some dork playing the guitar


Elgin-Skye à son piano


In other news, I have to move in July and so far my apartment search has been fruitless, so if you hear any of apartments that are freeing up (and that you yourself are not moving into), I would be eternally grateful if you could bring them to my attention.

Until next post...

No comments :

Post a Comment