Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh my!

Saturday I took part in an event in the Maguire Meadow of Mile-End, also known as the vacant lot behind the Jeans Jeans Jeans building. I always pass through this field on my way to Rosemont métro but I never stopped to notice how beautiful and lush and green it is. The grass is tall and there are clumps of big trees to sit under. There's a grey stone wall bordering it and fencing in the convent on the other side.


There are some people who want to protect this space and keep it as it is, free for anyone to access and free from any governmental or private development. I'd say that's a pretty swell idea.
There was a camera crew filming a documentary about the garden, so hopefully there will be more awareness that this space exists and the need to preserve it. We made some music under the trees afterwards. I sang some acappella stuff and a Woody Guthrie song before my guitar string snapped. My friend Alexis (who also has a blog) came along and did cartwheels with me in the grass.
Trailer bikes!

Frolicking!
Pharmaprix!

I've got a few shows coming up in the next little while, one this Wednesday at the Cabaret Playhouse. I've added the other shows to the mySpace page so check it out if you want to know where I'll be next.

I'll also be doing some recording this week, and if I remember to bring my camera I'll post pics of that too.

Toooodle-oo! Enjoy the hot sticky weather.

No comments :

Post a Comment